Updated: september 28, 2021
Dear Valued CoreSite Community,
We continue to align our Covid-19 protocols based on guidelines issued by state and local governments and public health agencies to mitigate disruption or risk to your critical operations. Below are details on key preparations and precautions.
Data Center Preparedness:
- CoreSite employees and visitors are required to wear masks while inside the facility in areas with substantial or high transmission rates in accordance with CDC guidance.
- We have installed thermometer kiosks at all our data center main entrances for screening use by our employees and vendors, and encourage use by our customers as well.
- We require that all our employees complete daily screening for symptoms and potential exposure.
- We have continued to implement our mission critical maintenance plan throughout the course of the pandemic
- We continue to monitor our supply chain and spare parts inventory.
- We continue to test our Operational Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Plan.
- We have continued to provide hand sanitizer in restrooms, break rooms and lobbies.
- We have verified the use of Coronavirus-killing cleaning solutions by our janitorial service providers across all our locations.
- We continue to monitor state and local government direction for changes in local requirements.
Visiting Our CoreSite Locations:
- If customer access is not essential, we continue to request that customers leverage our remote hands and customer portal for service requests and/or monitoring their environment.
- If a visit to a data center is necessary, visitors are asked to wear masks or face coverings in areas with substantial or high transmission rates in accordance with CDC guidance.
- We encourage visitors to continue to practice social distancing at all times while inside our facilities.
- We have developed a protocol to allow customers and prospective customers to safely participate in a physical tour of our data centers in compliance with applicable state and local orders. Click here for more details regarding this protocol.
- We also invite customers and prospective customers to participate in a hosted virtual data center tour. To request a virtual tour click here
- A reminder that in advance of visiting our locations, we kindly ask that our employees, customers, and vendor partners consider the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who in the past 14 days has been diagnosed as infected with, or is being screened for, COVID-19? If your exposure occurred 14 days after being fully vaccinated and you have had no symptoms of COVID-19 since your close contact, you are exempt from this question.
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who in the past 14 days has been advised to self-quarantine/isolate by a healthcare provider or public health professional? If your exposure occurred 14 days after being fully vaccinated and you have had no symptoms of COVID-19 since your close contact, you are exempt from this question.
- Within the last 10 days, have you tested positive for COVID-19 or been diagnosed as COVID-19 positive by a healthcare provider?
- Are you currently experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 which include, but are not limited to, cough, fever, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Is your body temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, we ask that you defer your visit to a future date.
Remote Customer Support:
- If you have employees who cannot conduct work at one of our data centers, we have onsite personnel who can support your needs. Many of our customers will find that Remote Hands costs are generally less than the cost of sending their employee to our data centers.
- Please use the Customer Portal to request Remote Hands services at any time, and we will assist with the request as prioritized by our DCO team. If you are not familiar with creating them in the Customer Portal, please contact at Client Services team at email@example.com for support.
- Customers also are able to utilize our Data Center Intelligence (“DCI”) feature on the Customer Portal to verify power usage or environmental information (temperature, humidity).
In an effort to slow the spread and reduce the risk of Covid-19, we ask that all customers, vendors, and contractors report any positive employee Covid-19 cases to CoreSite within 24 hours if the person was physically present at a CoreSite facility during the infectious period. According to guidance from health authorities, an infected person can spread Covid-19 starting from 48 hours before the person has any symptoms or tests positive for Covid-19 (if asymptomatic) until they meet CDC criteria for discontinuing isolation. CoreSite will continue to send notifications of potential exposure events to our employees, customers, and vendors.
CoreSite remains committed to clear, transparent communication with our employees, customers and vendor partners regarding this matter. CoreSite continues to monitor and comply with changing local regulations in all jurisdictions in which we operate.
Paul E. Szurek
Chief Executive Officer