Dear Valued CoreSite Community,
CoreSite continues to monitor news regarding Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), as well as reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local and federal governments. In addition to our previous statements regarding precautions, including increased emphasis on sanitation and social distancing measures, we would like to inform you of other key preparations and precautions we are taking related to COVID-19.
- We have suspended all non-essential work travel for our employees
- Employees whose presence is not required at the data center for operations are working remotely to prevent potential virus transmission at our office locations and data centers
- Data center operations (“DCO”) continues to operate at normal staffing levels. We do have a reduced staffing plan as part of our Standard Operating Procedures should the need arise.
- We are managing the Shelter-In-Place Directive that went into effect in Santa Clara County on March 16, 2020. CoreSite data centers in Santa Clara remain fully operational.
Visiting Our CoreSite Locations
In order to protect our community, we kindly ask that you limit your visits to our locations. If you must go to one of our locations, including a data center, we kindly ask that our employees, customers, and vendor partners consider the following questions:
- Are you currently experiencing any flu-like symptoms?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you visited within the last 14 days any country with a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, we ask that you defer your visit to a future date.
Remote Customer Support
- If you have employees who cannot conduct work at one of our data centers, we have onsite personnel who can support your needs. Many of our customers will find that Remote Hands costs are generally less that the true cost of sending an employee to our data centers.
- Please use the Customer Portal to request Remote Hands services at any time, and we will assist with the request as prioritized by our DCO team. Our Client Services team would also be happy to submit these requests on your behalf if you are not familiar with creating them in the Customer Portal. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- Customers are welcome to utilize our Data Center Intelligence (“DCI”) feature on the CustomerPortal to verify power usage or environmental information (temperature, humidity).
CoreSite remains committed to clear, transparent communication with our employees, customers and vendor partners regarding this matter. We will continue to keep you apprised of our approach to COVID-19 as the situation unfolds.
Paul E. Szurek
Chief Executive Officer
For the previous version of this notice, please visit this page.