About Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute
Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute lets you extend your on-premises networks into the Microsoft cloud over a dedicated private connection facilitated by a connectivity provider. With ExpressRoute, you can establish connections to Microsoft cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and CRM Online. Connectivity can be from an any-to-any (IP VPN) network, a point-to-point Ethernet network, or a virtual cross-connection through a connectivity provider at a co-location facility. ExpressRoute connections do not go over the public Internet. This allows ExpressRoute connections to offer more reliability, faster speeds, lower latencies, and higher security than typical connections over the Internet.
Key benefits include:
Azure ExpressRoute and CoreSite
- Layer 3 connectivity between your on-premises network and the Microsoft Cloud through a connectivity provider. Connectivity can be from an any-to-any (IPVPN) network, a point-to-point Ethernet connection, or through a virtual cross-connection via an Ethernet exchange.
- Connectivity to Microsoft cloud services across all regions in the geopolitical region.
- Global connectivity to Microsoft services across all regions with ExpressRoute premium add-on.
- Dynamic routing between your network and Microsoft over industry standard protocols (BGP).
- Built-in redundancy in every peering location for higher reliability.
- Connection uptime SLA.
- QoS and support for multiple classes of service for special applications, such as Skype for Business.
With Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute, you can establish connections to Microsoft Azure and Office 365 at CoreSite’s ExpressRoute locations in Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, Chicago, Denver, Boston, New York and Northern Virginia. ExpressRoute connections are available via the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange, which provides private, security-enhanced virtual connections and on-demand provisioning. The integration of Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute and the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange provides customers with greater performance and better reliability.